Staying healthy away from diseases is quite necessary to lead a normal, fulfilling and a longer life. It may be impossible to totally avoid diseases but by following some steps, you can easily prevent some of the major and common illness.
By following the following tips, you can easily ward off major diseases and stay healthy.
- Wash Your Hands Regularly – Out hands are the medium for physical interaction with the world. No doubt it is the part with the highest concentration of germs. The germs enter inside our body with the food and cause various ailments including influenza, food poisoning, hepatitis A etc. It is hence utmost necessary that you wash your hand regularly with a good anti-bacterial soap. Also it is recommended to use hand sanitizers if you are away from home.
- Get Regular Checkups – Go for periodical check-ups and tests in a good clinic and get vaccinated for major ailments from time to time. It will help in detecting the problems early on so that you can easily treat them and stay healthy.
- Get Your Pets Checked – Pets can be a great source of bacteria and other disease causing agents. It is hence needed that you clean and groom your pets properly and vaccinate them in regular intervals. Also make sure that you clean the litter box daily.
- Proper Diet – Have a proper diet which contains lots of nutrient and fiber. Make sure that meat and other such items are properly cooked before consuming it. Avoid having un-healthy fats in your diet and try to include more healthy fats and protein in your diet. Avoid eating outside and instead pack a lunch for work.
Image Credit: Ed Yourdon
- Exercise Regularly – Regular exercise can work wonders for your health. Not only will it give you more stamina and a better body, it will also develop your immune system which will result in fighting diseases quite efficiently. Walking short distances and taking steps instead of lift can be very beneficial in case you can’t devote time for exercise.
- Laugh A Lot – Although it may sound like a cliché, “Laughter is the best medicine” holds true for each and every word. It helps your body to relax, improves blood flow, and decrease stress hence improving your body’s immune system. Hence every time you laugh, you are strengthening your body defense mechanism.
- Drink Lots Water – Our body is made of 70 percent water. It is hence necessary to constantly replenish the lost water. Also it helps in flushing out toxins from your body and keeping the body hydrated. An average human needs 8 glasses of water every day.
- Reduce Weight – Overweight people have a greater chance of getting heart related diseases including heart attack and stroke. It is hence necessary that you decrease your weight in case you are overweight. Use a good exercise and diet plan for reducing weight.
- Stop Smoking – Smokers have a greater chance of lung related diseases. Also they are more prone to cough and dental problems. It is hence in your best interest to throw that bud away.
- Drink Tea – Instead of drinking coffee or cola, it is better if you drink tea. Tea contains antioxidants which help your body against aging. Also it helps in keeping your arteries smooth and clog – free thereby reducing the chances of a heart attack. Also compared to coffee, it contains less amount of caffeine.